How to get free sms alerts when your website is down is the topic of today.We know that many websites offer services (mostly are paid) to monitor the up time or downtime of your website.But Google Docs will provide you a chance to have a look at your website and now you need not to check it online but sms mobile alert will inform you about the latest status of your website.
The latest version of this Google Docs based website monitoring tool is even better:
- You can now monitor multiple websites and blogs for downtime/up time in one go.
- In addition to email alerts, you can now choose to receive SMS alerts on our phone if any of your sites are down.
This service is totally free and only your service provider may charge.In fact this is ever free service to monitor your website (up to Four currently) without spending a single penny.
Read Also: How to Find Gmail Account Creation Date
Register Your Phone Number at Google Calender:
In order to receive sms alerts regarding your website monitoring,you will first need to associate your phone number with Google calender.So follow the steps:
- Click the gear icon at the top of any page and select Calendar settings from the drop-down menu
- Click the Mobile Setup tab
- Select your country from the Country drop-down menu
- Enter your phone number in the Phone number field
- Select your carrier from the drop-down menu, if applicable. If you see the link See Help Center for supported providers,
- please check if your provider is supported before requesting your verification code.
- If your carrier is supported, click the Send Verification Code button, and you’ll get a text message on your phone
- Once you receive this message, enter the code you received in the Verification code field and click the Finish setup button
- Click Save
You will receive Phone number Valli date Successfully.
Now you can proceed further.
Setup Website Monitoring System:
It is the to setup your website monitoring,simply follow the steps.
- First of all create your copy of the Website Monitor spreadsheet in your Google Docs account using this link.
- Next, click the Website Monitor button on the Google Docs toolbar and select Initialize. You’ll be prompted to give the script the permissions it requires – the ability to write calendar events, send email, and so on.
- once the script is initialized enter Put your Website URLs in cell B2 (comma separated,you can use up to four website urls) and your email address in cell B3 and in SMS Notifications enter Yes(by entering NO you will not receive SMS alert)
- Go to the Website Monitor menu again and choose “Start Monitoring”.
Read Also: Most Wanted Google Chrome Tips and Shortcuts
You have done,now the Google Apps script will run constantly — even when you don’t have the spreadsheet open — checking your websites every five minutes. If one or more websites go down, it will email you and send you a text message (by creating a calendar event with a reminder).