Gmail Search Tips to search emails by date and time, by email size, file extension and much more.. in today’s topic.
The hidden feature of search emails by date and time is perhaps the lesser known but most effective Gmail Search tip, and after applying this tip, you will be able to search emails.
The Purpose of all the above Gmail Search features is just to navigate Gmail service easily and reduce the unnecessary load to set off.
Gmail Search Tips by using operators to Search Emails:
use the following search operators or search strings to search emails while using Gmail service. (you can copy and paste the search strings)
- Date and Time….use search operator
- By File Size…….Like greater than 2mb or less than 3mb or equal to 2mb….use search operator
- By File Extension: use search operator
- By State: use search operator
- from: use search operator
How to Use Gmail Search Tips to search emails by Date and Time:
In order to use the Gmail search features, follow the steps:
- Login to Gmail and click on the search bar.
- Use the search operators one by one to find your desired Gmail search option.
- In order to search emails by date and time, first of all, you have to convert it into Epoch Time.(The Time and Date in Seconds)…..Use this converter to find the desired date in Epoch Time.
For example the Epoch Time for 04 Feb 2017 7 pm is = 1486216800 and 01 Feb, 2017 7 pm = 1485957600
So to find emails between
01 Feb, 2017 7 pm to 04 Feb 2017 7 pm
just type search operator
after:1485957600 before:1486216800 it will give you all emails between the given dates.
In this way, you can use Gmail Search Tips to search all emails between specific date, type, and attachment.
Do comment if you found the article useful.