How to get free SMS alerts when your website is down is the topic of today. We know that many websites offer services (most are paid) to monitor the uptime or downtime of your website. But Google Docs will provide you a chance to have a look at your website and now you need not check it online but SMS mobile alert will inform you about the latest status of your website.
The latest version of this Google Docs based website monitoring tool is even better:
- You can now monitor multiple websites and blogs for downtime/uptime in one go.
- In addition to email alerts, you can now choose to receive SMS alerts on your phone if any of your sites are down.
This service is totally free and only your service provider may charge. In fact, this is ever free service to monitor your website (up to Four currently) without spending a single penny.
Read Also: How to See your web pages in Text only Format
How to Monitor Website with SMS Alert when it is down:
In order to receive SMS alerts regarding your website monitoring, you will first need to associate your phone number with Google calendar. So follow the steps:
- Click the gear icon at the top of any page and select Calendar settings from the drop-down menu
- Click the Mobile Setup tab
- Select your country from the Country drop-down menu
- Enter your phone number in the Phone number field
- Select your carrier from the drop-down menu, if applicable. If you see the link See Help Center for supported providers,
- please check if your provider is supported before requesting your verification code.
- If your carrier is supported, click the Send Verification Code button, and you’ll get a text message on your phone
- Once you receive this message, enter the code you received in the Verification code field and click the Finish setup button
- Click Save
You will receive the Phone number Valli date Successfully.
Now you can proceed further.
Read Also: How to Operate Gmail account using Keyboard Shortcuts
Setup Website Monitoring System:
It is to set up your website monitoring, simply follow the steps.
- First of all, create your copy of the Website Monitor spreadsheet in your Google Docs account using this link.
- Next, click the Website Monitor button on the Google Docs toolbar and select Initialize. You’ll be prompted to give the script the permissions it requires – the ability to write calendar events, send an email, and so on.
- once the script is initialized enter Put your Website URLs in cell B2 (comma-separated, you can use up to four website URLs) and your email address in cell B3 and in SMS Notifications enter Yes(by entering NO you will not receive SMS alert)
- Go to the Website Monitor menu again and choose “Start Monitoring”.
Read Also: Most Wanted Google Chrome Tips and Shortcuts
You have done, now the Google Apps script will run constantly — even when you don’t have the spreadsheet open — checking your websites every five minutes. If one or more websites go down, it will email you and send you a text message (by creating a calendar event with a reminder).
Source: thanks to Labnol and makeuseof
2 thoughts on “How To Get Free SMS Alerts When Your Website Is Down”
Many services offer website uptime monitoring and SMS alerts when your website goes down, but most of them charge money for this service. Using a clever Google Docs trick and the SMS capability built into Google Calendar, you can quickly set up free text message alerts when your website goes down.
yes you are right,it is Google that facilitate the world.