While using social media sites, especially Facebook and Twitter, you may come across some of the users whose activities may irritate you and you want to get rid of them or simply do not want to see their activities on your timeline. Although Facebook has the option to unfriend or block the activities of these users on your timeline, this option was not available at the world’s second-largest Social media site Twitter. But now Twitter has introduced this function through which the user can stop unwanted tweets easily on their windows and smartphones by using the Mute button.
The most interesting part of this Mute button is the other user will not notice that you have blocked its tweets. Also, you can stop the tweets of that person also that you do not follow.
How to use the Twitter mute button to stop unwanted Tweets on windows and smartphones:
Although the simple solution is to unfollow that person, by doing this the person will get notified so here is the simple and one-click solution to using the mute button function.
- Sign in to your Twitter account and go for the user whose tweets you want to stop.
- Click on the user name of that person and wait for the new windows to have a Twitter profile.
- Click on the gear icon and next on the mute.
You can also use a quick way to mute tweets
- Just repeat step 1 described above and move your pointer to the “more” option.
- Click on the mute option in the dropdown.
So you have done, you can un-mute the user easily whenever you want.