We might have faced a situation when either we have to upgrade the firmware of our existing router or want to secure it by changing its default password or may have an issue of IP address conflict. Since Router’s IP address works like a gateway between your device and the wider internet.
Once you will find the default IP of your router, you can simply enter it into your web search bar to access its interface for basic and advanced settings.
So in all cases, we must know the default gateway or have to find a router IP address being used.
Although there are many ways to find a router IP address, I will elaborate on those which are valid and user-friendly and also can equally be used on Computers or Smartphones.
Learn Tips: How to Speed up your Computer
How to Find Router IP address:
Here are some of the simplest ways to find your Router IP address at home or office by using a computer, Mac, or smartphone.
1 – Find without any Software or external device:
So here is the chance that you want to change your wifi password and for this, you need to access your default IP address of Router.
very simple, just Lift your electronic device, turn it upside down, and note the default IP address along with username and password.
In most cases, the IP address is in the form of 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or it may be 192.168.10.1… it all depends on your internet service provider.
2 – Find on Computer by using Command Prompt:
If the first option did not work or you have changed your default Router IP address or are even unable to locate the IP address then this method will best work for you, so follow the steps:
- Open the command prompt by following Start Menu > Type cmd to access the command prompt
- Type the command ipconfig a and press enter
- windows will soon display the IP address list with your Router’s IP address.
Just note it to access the page to change the password or update the firmware version.
It is also worth mentioning that, if you are connected to your existing network then you can also access it easily from the Time bar (usually located at the bottom right side of your computer screen).
- So just click on the Internet Connection sign or wifi signal.
- Right Click on Network Name > Click Status and Click details
- New Windows will show your default IP address.
3 – Find on Mac Devices:
If you are not a windows user, then this simple method will work for you:
- Open the Terminal app and run the command route -n get default
The value of “default gateway” – that’s the address of your router.
Must Read: Trace Someone IP address using Facebook Chat
4 – Locate the IP address of your Router on your Smartphone:
If you are a smartphone user then this idea will help to locate the IP address of your wireless device.
- In order to Find the Router IP address on an iPhone or IPad just go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and then tap the name of your Wi-Fi network. You’ll see the router is listed as “Router”.
- To find on Android Phones, there are many third-party apps available, just download them from Google Play Store to get them.
Note: If the above-stated processes do not work then you may have to reset to find the Router IP address.
Don’t Miss: Learn to Setup a Proxy Server in Windows 10
Do comments with your feedback.