While using the internet, we might have experienced page redirects to other websites. Whether the links pointing to some pages asking to download some malicious software or even some useful content.
In both cases, we might think to stop page redirects of these kinds.
Because page redirection is not always a user-friendly experience for many web searchers.
Let’s go-ahead to know the different ways to block automatic redirection to web pages in modern browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
Before further reading, do check the ways to access blocked websites online for free.
How to stop Page redirects in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Edge browsers:
So let’s see how can we stop automatic page redirects on the above-said browsers one by one.
Stop Redirects in Google Chrome:
To prevent automatic redirection to another unwanted webpage in Chrome just follow the steps:
- Open the Chrome browser and click three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
- Click Settings > Show advanced Settings (this will show some more options)
- In the Privacy Section click Enable Phishing and Malware Protection. you are done.
Close the browser, and now every time Google will display a warning when some link trying to automatic redirects to another page.
Although chrome stop redirects extension is available online still you can do above-said steps to block automatic webpage redirections.
Skip Redirects in Firefox:
There are also a few add ons available online to skip redirects in firefox. But you can follow the steps below to stop page redirects to different websites.
- Open Firefox and click the Open Menu button ( three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the browser)
- Click options > Privacy and Security
- Scroll down to go to the Permissions section and make sure Block pop-up windows box in checked (if not then check it)
- Again Scroll down in the Security section and make sure Block dangerous and deceptive content box is checked.
You are safe after blocking auto page redirections in Firefox.
Disable redirections in Internet Explorer:
To turn off page redirection in Internet Explorer (IE), just follow the steps:
- Open IE > click the Settings button (at the top right corner)
- Click Internet Options > click the advanced tab and scroll down and check Use SSL 3.0 box.
- Click Apply and Ok.
Restart the browser to block all potentially harmful page redirects.
Disable Redirects in Microsoft Edge browser:
To stop auto-redirect in Edge browser, follow the given steps:
- Open Edge browser and click the three dots (at the top right corner)
- Click Settings > go for view advanced settings > Scroll down to the bottom of the menu.
- Just slide the button to make it blue having Help protect me from malicious sites and downloads.
Restart the browser and you have done.
Although it will not block all page redirects, still it will protect you from auto redirections to harmful and malicious sites.
Still having the Problem Of Auto Webpage Redirects:
If you feel that your browser still redirects to some unwanted sites than your browser might be infected. So either you can install some good antivirus to scan for potentially harmful links or can reinstall your browser to get rid of these page redirects.
I hope so you have some good info to block automatic webpage redirects.
Do comments with your feedback.