WhatsApp has become a great source of communication with end-to-end encryption not only for personal, friends, and family but for the business platforms also. By communicating you may share or receive a variety of media with or without your will. But sometimes the chat or media may annoy you that needs to be stopped. Especially if from some of your friends or a close one, then it becomes necessary to block this contact without knowing him. Because you don’t want further chat or media from that specific person.
In this post, we will learn what will happen when we block someone on WhatsApp and the steps to block.
What Happened When you block a Person on WhatsApp:
So let’s see what happened exactly when we block a person on WhatsApp.
when you block someone on WhatsApp then you will no longer receive notifications, messages, calls, or even status updates and profile picture changes from the person. Likewise, Even the person will also be unable to receive status updates, profile picture changes, and “last seen” times stamps will no longer be visible to the person whom you have blocked.
Learn to block a user on Twitter
Ways to Block a Person on WhatsApp Messenger:
Blocking a WhatsApp contact on android and iOS is easy now with simple steps.
On Android Devices:
First, we will see the method for android 10 or later devices.
- Go to WhatsApp and tap on three horizontal lines at the top right upper corner to access Settings.
- In the Settings tap Account > tap Privacy > and then blocked contacts.
- On the next screen tap to add the person whom you want to block. That’s it.
For devices Android 9 or earlier, follow the steps.
- On Android 9 or earlier, the above steps are similar in addition when you search for the contact to block then tap the contact and then tap block again from the three horizontal lines.
- In this way, you can block the WhatsApp contact on the older android versions also.
On iOS Devices:
For iOS devices use the following steps:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the Settings icon at the bottom right corner.
- In the settings menu tap account > Privacy and then Blocked.
- From Blocked Contact menu tap to add New and search or select the contact you want to block.
- To unblock simply click on the contact and then click unblock to receive notifications from the person.
The steps elaborated above are easy to block or even unblock a WhatsApp contact both on Android and iOS devices.