While working on MAC, it is very common to run out of storage. Although, Apple has launched system storage with large hard disk, but MAC user may still face a low storage warning. In order to handle the hard disk space issue, one can thick to manually delete these files but it may take lot of time and boring activity.
But don’t worry because, Apple has fortunately its built in Storage Management Tool to make it easy and quickly the large files, apps and other system related data in few clicks. So next time when you see any message to clear system storage, than it will be clicks away now.
What Happened when you ignore System Storage Message:
Although Apple’s built in feature alarm user about low space, so if a person ignore the message then its system might slow and some of the program and features might not working properly. Apps that save temporary files on system may begin to get slow. It may be also get difficult or even impossible to download large files when system not enough space. Even you will be unable to install any new updates to your MAC.
Must Check these emulators to run iOS apps on windows.
How to use Storage Management Tool to Optimize System Storage:
Although, there are three ways to free up space on your MAC:
- Manually by finding and deleting each un necessary file or app.
- By using some third-party.
- Using Apple’s own built-in Storage Management Tool to optimize storage.
But we will only discuss and prefer the Apple’s own feature. So just follow the steps:
- Go to Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen and click ” About MAC“
- Click Storage, soon the storage bar will start calculating the space used and available. When done, the storage will show in different color coordinated segments to represent different categories of files.
- click the Manage button to open the storage management windows where you can select to store different types of files including photos, videos etc in iCloud. Optimize storage by removing tv shows, podcasts and programs you have already watched along with other un necessary files. While removing, just keep it mind to delete such files that you don’t need at all because recovery of those files might not possible.
- When you finish optimize system storage, you can measure progress by watching the available storage on the storage bar.
That’s it, you can now easily clear system storage on MAC without any further delay.