Using a mouse is easy to navigate the windows programs and other third-party software. But if for any cause you are unable to execute the right-click mouse button, then it may become a little unexpecting and headache situation, especially when you are working on some important task and no other extra mouse is available at that time to continue the work.
But don’t panic, because there are some ways to handle the situations successfully till the hardware solution is fixed.
Table of Contents
How to Right Click Without a Mouse on Windows PC:
If the right click of the mouse is not working or making interruptions then there are three alternative ways to use windows features for mouse right click.
1- Use a Keyboard Context Key:
The standard and most of the keyboards come with a Context Key. It is can be found between the right-side windows key and the Ctrl key. Most manufacturers use a menu box with a cursor on it as the icon of this key.
In order to right click just point at the desired place of the cursor and hit the context key for right-click.
2- By Using Keyboard Shortcut:
Along with the use of the context key, you can also use a keyboard shortcut to right-click at any space where you want. For this just press Shift+F10 simultaneously. The keyboard shortcut will work perfectly to right-click without a mouse on the computer.
3- By Using Mouse Keys:
To use computers more easily, Microsoft has introduced many accessibility features to various windows features. One of the most useful is the Mouse Keys. The only thing is to activate this feature from the windows settings and have the way access to right-click. Follow the steps:
- Press the Windows Key or click the menu to access the start menu.
- Type Ease of Access in the search box and hit enter.
- Soon Ease of Access center will appear on the top of the search results list, just click it.
- Under the heading of Explore all Settings, you will find Make the mouse easier to use. Select this option.
- On the next window, click on the Setup Mouse Keys link. Many settings related to the keyboard and mouse will appear here.
- After making necessary settings/adjustments for the mouse just select the box Turn on Mouse Keys.
- Click Apply and Ok to close the screen.
- To activate mouse keys just hit Left Alt+Left Shift+Num Lock, and for the pointer, navigation uses the number keys.
- To right-click just press the minus key (-) at the desired place.
Don’t forget to read to clear system storage on Mac
Right Click Without a Mouse on Mac OS:
Right-click on Mac OS become easy to follow the steps to fix the issue:
- Hold the command keys and hit the Spacebar.
- Type system preference in the spotlight search box and hit enter.
- Select Universal Access and then click Mouse and Trackpad.
- Toggle the Mouse Keys features to On state.
- Turn on the Num Lock by pressing the F6 Key.
- Now to right-click on any place just hold the Ctrl Key and then hit Num 5.
Although there is no perfect alternative to right-clicking the mouse, still you can use the above-mentioned methods to continue your work without interruptions.