To be productive and make your digital writing work attractive, book design software is being used by most authors and book publishers online and offline. This collection of software will help to digitize your bookwork and design beautiful book covers to be more productive and hence increase sales and demand.
So whether you are looking to produce some bookwork or want some ebook this collection of free and paid software is for you.
So let’s get in touch with the list to design your favorite book one by one and know it with its specialty.
Table of Contents
Collection of the Best Book Design Software for windows:
1. Adobe InDesign:
Adobe InDesign is a multipurpose software tool equally helpful for beginners and professionals. You can use this tool to create interactive or print documents. This software allows users to control the typography aspects, page layout, and exports option. You can easily access a lot of online fonts to download and use to create your book design with its user-friendly interface.
- Best software to create and design E-books.
- Integrated with other adobe software to enhance user experience.
- Lots of downloadable fonts can customize the page layout and professionally cover pages.
- User-friendly interface to access all the details of the tools.
Another best software that can be used to design book covers is QuarkXpress. It has a Flex layout feature that helps to prepare the books using CSS and HTML coding along with a simple graphical designing interface. When the user changes the size or layout, all text within the document changes automatically. This feature will help to see the design outlook on different-sized screens.
One can consider this as one of the best alternatives to Adobe InDesign.
- Unique typography features for the best book design.
- Enriched with various types of pallets and styles.
- A lot of handy extensions.
- Customer support is available.
FlipHTML5 is yet another software to design magazines, book covers, and catalogs. This software is free to use and you can download and add them to your book. The best thing is that this software has an online editing tool that can be used to add videos, audio, text, hotspots, and other multimedia elements to your book. You can also share your book or other work with their platform free of cost.
- More than 10 adjustable book design templates for your personal use.
- Free and open source to use for everyone.
- Can add Multimedia elements to your bookwork.
- Compatible with many devices like Android and iOS along with windows.
- Free online hosting services for your published piece of work.
4. Adobe FrameMaker:
One of the best book designing software to work with long and complex files. Adobe FrameMaker by its name is regularly used by many book authors and designers, especially for technical bookwork. You can convert your long and complex designed books easily into the latest file format like PDF, Responsive HTML5, or export in extensions meant for Kindle.
- Smooth work with long and complex documents.
- Rich content creation using multimedia and the latest formatting interface.
- Easy transfer from software like MS Word.
5. Affinity Publisher:
Affinity Publisher is another free and trusted software to design books, Newspapers, magazines, and printed media. With its user-friendly interface, you can easily access any tool to handle even complicated tasks. You can work with master pages, text wrapping, table grids, and link text frames along with many other graphic and editing instruments without resorting to third-party apps.
- Can handle large-scale documents.
- Offers great tools for book design creations.
- Huge collections of fonts.
- User-friendly interface.
6. Shutterstock Editor:
Shutterstock Editor is multipurpose software to design e-books especially. The software is hosted by the famous Shutterstock and enriched with a lot of images and templates to make the book cover more attractive. Although its templates are simple still they can be very useful to design the cover page for your e-book.
- Extensive library of images and templates.
- user-friendly interface with online access to other features.
- Adaptive workflow.
7. Adobe Express:
More proceeding towards finalized listed software, than adobe express (formerly known as adobe spark) is our next choice to design the book. This software is enriched with many templates that can easily be customized as per the designer’s needs. Along with that, it has a huge library of fonts, colors, images, and much more for book designing.
- Suitable for beginners and intermediate-level users to learn through its user-friendly interface.
- compatible with mobile devices, windows, and web browsers.
- Amazing typographic designs.
8. Blurb BookWright:
Last but not least is the Blurb Bookwright is on our list. This is also one of the best e-book designing software, especially for beginners. This free software is enriched with many features like formatting tools and templates that can easily be customized as per user requirements. The best part is its compatibility with many adobe plugins and is even useable as portable software. This has increased its popularity.
- Unique ISBN for every book version at no cost.
- Advanced color management.
- Variety of templates with customizing options.
Other Best Book Cover Design Software:
Along with the above listed, there is some other software to design book cover layouts.
- Reedsy book editor
- Adobe Express
- Kindle create
I hope the above-elaborated collection of the best book designing software will help you to make the outlook of your content better.