Sending your live location is the best when you want to get in touch with the live location of your friends and family or want to share your own. In order to do so, there are many social media apps to get real-time live location, among them Telegram is one of the famous messaging apps that is equally popular for sharing live location with a lot of other features that one can imagine with any other app around the globe.
Enabling and sharing live locations on social media platforms like Telegram is as trusted as WhatsApp or other messaging apps for this purpose. The method to share real-time locations is quite simple and won’t take too many steps.
In today’s topic, we will learn and share some of the lesser-known tricks and procedures to enable and share live locations on the Telegram app.
Things to remember while enabling Telegram Live Location:
Although enabling telegram live location is simple, there are some tips to use this feature more efficiently.
- You must have an updated version of Telegram installed on your smartphone.
- You cannot share a location with someone who is not saved as a contact person, so first ensure to save the contact number.
- It is necessary to enable access to live locations from a phone especially when using Telegram the first time.
- Enabling the current location on Windows is yet to wait to launch, however, you can use MAC OS to share your live location on Telegram.
- To keep updated with your live location, it is recommended to keep the telegram running in the background.
- In Android, there was sometimes data restriction is enabled, so disable it.
How to Enable Live Location on Telegram for Android and iOS devices:
Just like other social media apps like WhatsApp, you can conveniently enable and hence share your live location with your friends and family. So the description for each Android and iOS is here for you. the process to enable and share live location with a person or group of people is almost similar except for the user interface.
Enable Telegram Live Location for Android and iOS Platforms:
To enable and share live locations on Telegram for your Android and iOS devices, just follow the steps:
- Open the Telegram and then open the group or chat for whom you want to share your current location.
- During chat with someone, click the clip icon in the bottom right and then click on the Location icon.
- Here, you have to select Share My Live Location For 15 minutes, 1 hour, or 8 hours, just select the appropriate to share the live location duration.
- Next, for security reasons, Telegram will ask you for access to your location. Allow it by selecting one of the options Only this time or While using the app.
- Telegram will embed your live location to your contact person. Once, the person or group accepts your invitation, you can share your live location with them for the stipulated period you have chosen.
So you have successfully enabled and shared your live location on Android and Apple devices.
If you want to stop sharing your live location, then in step 3 just click on the Stop sharing Location at the bottom and prompt to click yes to stop sharing location.
Telegram’s live location feature is even more useful when you are at an office or outstation and want to get the live location of your children or friends and family or want to share your own location with them especially when you are in an emergency.