Getting targeted keywords are just like the backbone of any blog or website. It is not only helpful in better Search Engine Optimization (SEO) but also a key to get handsome organic traffic. (organic traffic is the source of traffic from search engines)
In today’s article, I am going to guide you on the method of getting the right targeted keywords for your blog in different easy ways and also tell you why these keywords are so important for your blog or website.
Before getting to the topic first see what does the keywords stand for.
What are keywords?
when talking about the blog or website the keywords usually come with a variety of meaning the main of them are:
- Keywords can be defined as the specific terms used by a person to search for something in the search engine, for example, if you want to know about the term technology then the search engine will display all the websites/blogs or description-related technology.
- In regard to search engine optimization (SEO), keywords are the exact phrase or words used by the advertisers to get their targeted traffic.
- For pay-per-click advertising (PPC), keywords are defined as words used by prospects for which advertisements can be created and placed on search engines. In this sense, keywords are defined broadly. Because of the way PPC platforms like Google and Overture work
How to get Targeted Keywords for better SEO:
I have defined the three main perspectives mainly used on the internet. but as a blogger we should focus on such types which can be brought quality and targeted traffic to our blog, for this the all above three definitions will be adopted but in different ways.
There are many sources of getting traffic but the most important and useful is organic traffic.
What should we do to have targeted keywords in order to get targeted traffic, the following two ways are commonly used
Use Google Webmaster Tools to get targeted Keywords:
Using Google webmaster tools is easy and commonly used by most webmasters.
Just go to google webmaster tools (www.google.com/webmasters/tools ) log in to your account > click your website that you have added ( if not then just add it, it is easy ), next you will see the list of keywords searches regarding your website > select the most search keywords and use google adwards explained below to search for the keywords. This is the most appropriate method to rank well in google search and to get targeted traffic.
Use Google Adwords to get targeted Keywords:
Google AdWords is a famous and old method of getting targeted keywords, although its name has changed now to Google Keyword Planner.
first login to your Google AdWords account > Go to tools and Analysis > click on keyword Tools, you will get a new window like below.
Here you will see the options of the website, go and write the name of your website, and press search. A list of all possible keywords phrases will be displayed out.
Click on the column option and check the “competition “.Now your keywords will be in the order of high, medium, and low search.
choose such keywords that have three qualities.
- Most relative to your blog/page or website.
- Have comparatively Low in competition
- And get a high local and Global Monthly search.
Choose five to seven such keywords phrases.
How to use Targeted Keywords for better SEO:
After getting targeted keywords next step to use them properly. A WordPress blogger can use these keywords as meta tags in the header.php file and can also use plugins like all-in-one SEO.
You can also use these keywords while writing an article or post, but one thing in your mind is its keyword density.
Read Also: Check The Keyword Density By Using Keyword Density Checker
In this way, one can use the targeted keywords and get better search engine Rankings with a lot of organic traffic.